Monday Musings #52
Monday Musings is a post in which I talk about my writing goals for the upcoming week. I was a bad student and barely made any Monday Musings posts last year, but I promise to do better this year.
I also didn’t make a New Year’s Resolutions post this year, simply because well… I always fail at resolutions. I start out with the best intentions, and I manage to keep my resolutions until mid-January or best case, end of January, and then it all goes down in hellfire. That’s why I wanted to keep things lowkey this year and not have a ton of resolutions like I did last years.
This year, my resolutions are quite straightforward:
- Write at least 4 days a week. Doesn’t matter what I write: could be working on my manuscript, writing posts for my blog, anything writing-related. Editing counts too.
- Blog more regularly. I’m aiming at at least 2 times a week, but honestly, I’ll be glad if I make it 1 time a week as well.
- Eat healthier. This is an overall goal, and of course there can be cheat moments. I’m not saying no to French fries for a whole year, haha.
- Finally take the book marketing course I signed up for aaaaaages ago.
- Spend more quality time with my family and friends, since that’s the most important thing in life.
In terms of new releases, the books that I’m working on for this year are:
- Academy of the Wicked #2: Hear All Evil
- Academy of the Wicked #3: Speak All Evil
- Allegro Academy #2: Requiem for the Lost
- Allegro Academy #3 (Untitled)
- A Monstrous Beauty
- The Conclave of Fear (The Adventures of Marisol Holmes #4)
- Angel Assassin (The Angel of Death Series #3)
For the following books, the rights have been returned to me (or will be returned to me soon), and I will re-publish them:
- Murder in Mind (Psych-Tech Series #1)
- Valentina’s Spooky Adventures Series
- Weirdville Series
As for my goals this week, since I have to get back to work tomorrow after three months’ off taking care of my newborn baby, I’m not going to put too much pressure on myself for this week. I want to:
- Edit 5 chapters in last month’s WIP.
- Write 10k in my current WIP.
What are your writing goals for this year?
Happy New Year’s to everyone, and I wish you all the best in 2023!