New Year’s Resolutions 2022
2021 seems to have disappeared in the blink of an eye. Or maybe even faster. One moment I was typing up my post with resolutions for 2021, and the next, I’m here, one year later.
Talking about those resolutions of last year… Let’s just forget about them, ‘mkay? Since I was notoriously bad at keeping up with them, and I basically failed at every single one of them. Shame on me.
But a new year, new resolutions, and it’s time to do better! Let’s not dwell on the past any longer and focus on my goals for 2022:
- Draft one book per month. This includes re-drafting / re-writing books I have written in the past, so technically this should be doable – technically being the keyword.
- Write 2k per day, for at least 3 days a week. I want to avoid a hectic writing schedule and instead work on consistency.
- Write one short story a month. I love writing short sotries but never get around to them, so I want to make some time for them.
- Work on finalizing my current WIPs. I have a lot of books that are halfway finished that I need to finish and release, including (but by no means limited to, I have a lot of books in this category!): The Sleeping Kingdom, Symphony of the Departed, Allegro Academy #2, extend Wicked Blood, A Monstruous Beauty, Princess of Dreams, Queen’s Fall, The Heir to Wonderland, The Revenant, The Monsters of Pandora, and more!
- Release The Conclave of Fear, the fourth book in The Adventures of Marisol Holmes Series.
- Write Angel Assassin, the third book in The Angel of Death Series, and the yet unnamed fourth book.
- Blog at least 2 times a week. I’ve been quite good so far and have already pre-scheduled some articles that I hope you’ll find interesting!
- Re-release Murder in Mind (my current publisher closed end of 2020). I have this planned for in January but I still have to do some last-minute formatting before I can re-release this.
- Write the sequel to Murder in Mind and release it.
- Keep this website updated with new and upcoming books.
- Write 2 more books in the Sally Sleuth Series and get them published.
- Write the first book in the YA warlock series I’m planning.
- Write the second book in the Blood Witch series (sequel to Wicked Blood) and get it published.
- Re-release Valentina’s Spooky Adventures.
Apart from the writing-related goals, I also have some other goals:
- Review more books on I Heart Reading (last year I barely reviewed any books, although I love reviewing!)
- Exercise consistently (at least 3 times a week).
- Meet my daily walking goal at least 5 times a week, starting as from January 3 (I am counting January 1 and 2 as relax-days).
- Focus more on healthy meals and home cooking.
- Release my story The Mystery of Blackwood Manor on the Sims 4.
- Release my new series Josie The Vampire Slayer on the Sims 4.
- Contiue working on our attic and turning it into a hobby room / den.
- Finish work on our exercise room (mostly painting, and decorating the room).
- Finish the diamond painting I received for Christmas as a gift.
- Work more on crafts: not just my diamond painting, but also the miniature houses I received over the years but did not finish.
- Be less stressed at work, and focus more on things that make me happy rather than stressed.
- Quality time with friends and family! This is my most important goal for the new year.
If you took a peek at last year’s goals and realized this year’s goals are almost 100% similar, well… I did not really cheat, since I still want to finish all these goals this year, but it just goes to show how bad I was last year at keeping track of my goals.
Anyway, I wish you all a wonderful and healthy 2022!