New Year’s Resolutions 2021
How is it possible that it’s already 2021? Yesterday, it was March 2020 and the COVID-lockdown had just begun in Belgium… and now suddenly, the year has passed and a new year comes knocking on the door.
I sincerely hope that 2021 will be a better year than the last year. That everyone’s family and friends will remain healthy, that we will all be able to spend time with our loved ones again, travel, and enjoy life.
On a personal level, I did hit some major life goals in 2020. First of all, I got engaged on the 17th of July 2020, in the ruins of a castle in Luxembourg – of course, where else? Is there a place more perfect for me to get engaged in than the ruins of a castle? I think not! Secondly, we moved to a bigger house – hopefully our forever home – and we’ve been settling in nicely here.
Writing-wise, 2020 was not too bad either. The Wolf of the Baskervilles released in March 2020, the third book in The Adventures of Marisol Holmes series. The Soul Thief was re-released with a gorgeous new cover.
See All Evil, the first book in the Academy of the Wicked series released in July 2020, followed by Queen’s Fall in August 2020.
I also participated in a bunch of anthologies / author collections. The following are still available at time of this posting:
- Magic & Mischief (featuring my story Gatekeeper, and set in the Mirrorland universe)
- Aftermath (featuring my story Princess of Dreams, basically Sleeping Beauty meets Starwars)
- Forest of Fear, a short story collection
- Harvest, a short story collection
- Fairytale Christmas, featuring my story The Snow Queen’s Daughter)
I also participated in a charity anthology, Happily Furever After, featuring my story The Monsters of Pandora, and in the anthology A Cursed All Hallow’s Eve, featuring my story All Hallows Academy: Season 1 – Episode 1. Episode 2 is currently available for pre-order.
For 2021, I want to get more serious about marketing my books. I always write new books, which is great, but I know I could do better at marketing my books, especially with targeted ads like Facebook, Amazon, and so on. Of course, I also want to write new books, but I want to focus on marketing more. Anyway, here are my goals for 2021:
- Draft one book per month. This includes re-drafting / re-writing books I have written in the past, so technically this should be doable – technically being the keyword.
- Write 2k per day, for at least 3 days a week. Related to the previous goal. This year, I often had to catch up on deadlines and write 10k a day just to make a deadline, pushing myself to the limit (especially with my day job as well) but this year, I want to avoid a hectic writing schedule and instead work on consistency.
- Write one short story a month. I already started out strong with one short story already finished (wow! but I had no choice, the submission deadline was today), and I want to write at least one short per month.
- Work on finalizing my current WIPs. I have a lot of books that are halfway finished that I need to finish and release, including (but by no means limited to, I have a lot of books in this category!): The Sleeping Kingdom, Symphony of the Departed, Allegro Academy #2, extend Wicked Blood, A Monstruous Beauty, Princess of Dreams, Queen’s Fall, The Heir to Wonderland, The Revenant, The Monsters of Pandora, and more!
- Write The Conclave of Fear, the fourth book in The Adventures of Marisol Holmes Series.
- Release Demonic Pact, the second book in The Angel of Death Series.
- Write Angel Assassin, the third book in The Angel of Death Series, and the yet unnamed fourth book.
- Blog at least 2 times a week.
- Re-release Murder in Mind (my current publisher closed end of 2020).
- Write the sequel to Murder in Mind and release it.
- Keep this website updated with new and upcoming books.
- Write 2 more books in the Sally Sleuth Series and get them published.
- Write the first book in the YA warlock series I’m planning.
- Write the second book in the Blood Witch series (sequel to Wicked Blood) and get it published.
- Write books/novellas for the box sets I’m participating in (I think 3…or 4… I’ve lost track since I signed up like crazy! I love box sets).
Apart from the writing-related goals, I also have some other goals:
- Review more books on I Heart Reading (last year I barely reviewed any books, although I love reviewing!)
- Exercise consistently (at least 3 times a week).
- Meet my daily walking goal at least 5 times a week.
- Focus more on healthy meals and home cooking.
- Release a new adventure / story on the Sims 4 (Victorian / Regency setting) and update regularly.
- Get our attic finalized: we’re currently working on the attic of our new home, making closets, finishing up the walls, and so on. I want to get this project finalized by the end of 2021.
- Finish the diamond painting I received for Christmas as a gift.
- Be less stressed at work, and focus more on things that make me happy rather than stressed.
- Quality time with friends and family! This is my most important goal for the new year.
Did you make any resolutions or set any goals for 2021? Feel free to share them in the comments section!
I wish you all a wonderful and healthy 2021!
1 thought on “New Year’s Resolutions 2021”
[…] seems to have disappeared in the blink of an eye. Or maybe even faster. One moment I was typing up my post with resolutions for 2021, and the next, I’m here, one year […]