New Year’s Resolutions 2020
I know I’m a bit late with these (it’s already January 5, I can barely believe it!) but I still wanted to share my goals for the new year with you. I’m excited for 2020. It will (hopefully) be the year when we move to a bigger house, and I’m very excited about that.
In terms of writing, 2019 was quite a productive year for me. A Study in Shifters released, the second book in The Adventures of Marisol Holmes series. I’ve finished writing the third book in the series, and am currently editing it. Murder in Mind, my YA dystopian novel, released in July 2019. I also wrote a bunch of novellas for box sets, including the prequel to the Academy for the Wicked series, A Monstrous Beauty (a retelling of Sleeping Beauty), Princess of Dreams (a retelling of Sleeping Beauty), two retellings of Alice in Wonderland: Queen’s Fall (from the POV of the villain, the Queen of Hearts) and The Heir of Wonderland (from the POV of the heroine, Alice). I also released Wicked Blood, the first book in the Blood Witch series, and the first part of Symphony of the Departed, the first book in the Allegro Academy series. I probably forgot about a few stories as well, but as you can see, 2019 was quite productive!
For 2020, I already started out strong – two submissions, one short story and one novella, in under five days! I’m also working on the edits for The Wolf of the Baskervilles, the third book in The Adventures of Marisol Holmes series. Here are my goals for 2020:
- Draft one book per month. I know it’s ambitious, but with my current writing schedule, I should be able to manage this.
- Write 2k a day Monday-Saturday. This is related to the previous goal. However, I already know there will be some days when I won’t be able to write, so I have to find a way to cope with that, by either then catching up over the weekend or getting a head-start, or a mix of both.
- Write one short story a week. I already started out strong with one short story this week, and have my eyes on an anthology submission call I want to work on next week.
- Rewrite / Revise Symphony of the Departed (Allegro Academy #1). I rewrote the first part for a box set I’m participating in, so now I want to rewrite part two, get it edited, and then set it for release in the course of this year.
- Rewrite / Revise Allegro Academy #2. Same as above, except I have to completely rewrite this one.
- Finish the second book in the Ghost Slayer series and send it to my publisher. I might use it in a box set I’m participating in, or write a novella for that box set; I’ll have to check.
- Finish edits for The Wolf of the Baskervilles, the third book in The Adventures of Marisol Holmes series.
- Re-release The Soul Thief and Demonic Pact, the first two books in The Angel of Death series.
- Finish writing my serial The Chronicles of Blood and get it published.
- Blog at least 2 times a week.
- Rewrite / Revise The Sleeping Kingdom. Another one that’s been on my to do list for years.
- Write Snoebels, Cat Detective books 1-3 get them published.
- Write the sequel to Murder in Mind and submit it to my publisher.
- For my Seven Kingdoms series, finish several books: WIP name “Red Priest” and WIP name “Dragon”.
- Publish The Gatekeeper and finish at least one more books in this series.
- Keep this website updated with new and upcoming books.
- Write 2 more books in the Sally Sleuth Series and get them published.
- Write the first book in the YA warlock series I’m planning.
- Rewrite and edit Wicked Blood, and publish it in the course of this year.
- Write the second book in the Blood Witch series (sequel to Wicked Blood) and get it published.
I probably forgot a few goals, but those are the major goals for this year. Wish me luck! Feel free to share your goals (or a link to your post with goals) in the comments section, so I can check them out!