I forgot to write down my monthly goals for July, but I did actually manage to do quite a bit in July and finish some of my larger goals. For August, I want to stick to a rather strict writing regime and tackle some projects that have been on the backburner for a while.
Here are my goals for August:
- Promote the Kingdom of Mirrors and Roses box set that I’m part of with my Beauty and the Beast retelling, A Monstrous Beauty – Part One.
- Finish writing Part Two of A Monstrous Beauty (since I only signed up for the box set beginning of July, and release date was August 1, I only managed to include Part One of the story in the box set. Part Two will be released seperately but I don’t want to let readers wait too long.
- Finalize cover for A Monstrous Beauty.
- Set up a page on my website for my fairytale retellings (since more are coming!).
Send out my monthly newsletter.
- Format and prepare paperback version of A Monstrous Beauty.
- Finish writing the manuscript for The Wolf of the Baskervilles (The Adventures of Marisol Holmes #3).
- Work on a schedule for upcoming releases (since I have a lot of releases coming up, and most of these I still have to write and/or edit).
- First round of editing for The Wolf of the Baskervilles (The Adventures of Marisol Holmes #3).
- Write at least two blog posts per week on my blog.
- Review five books for I Heart Reading (total: 0/5).
- Review three books for Ind’Tale Magazine (total: 0/3).
- Update information about my books on forums I’m participating in, on my website and on Goodreads.
- Set up a page on my website for Murder in Mind series.
- Work on an outline for the first book in my RH academy series.
- Finish first draft for the first book in my RH academy series (still untitled).
- Finish outlining the Sleeping Beauty retelling I’m working on for the Kingdom of Thorns and Dreams box set.
- Write an outline for Wonderland Wars.
- Finalize outline for Wicked Blood, the first book in the Blood Witch series.
- Work on the non-fiction paper I’m planning (writing stage).
- Work on the non-fiction paper I’m planning (editing stage).
I know, it’s a lot! But I’ll happy if I manage to tackle over half of this goals, and progress is progress. Having hard deadlines helps me out a lot, though, as it means I have to focus.
What are your goals for this month?