Rather than refer to these as “New Year’s Resolutions”, as I did for the previous years (check here my goals for 2016, 2017 and 2018) this year I’m going to refer to these as my yearly goals for the year.
So rather than my writing resolutions for next year, here is my list of goals ofr next year.
- Draft one book per month. This is an ambitious goal, I know, and so far I’ve failed every signle year. But this year might just be the year when I actually achieve this.
- Write 2k a day Monday-Saturday. This is related to the previous goal. However, I already know there will be some days when I won’t be able to write, so I have to find a way to cope with that, by either then catching up over the weekend or getting a head-start, or a mix of both.
- Write one short story a week. Again, a goal I’ve been trying to achieve for years and have always failed. But I’ll try again!
- Rewrite / Revise Allegro Academy #1. Surprisingly, I’ve actually made some progress on this one this year. The book needs some serious polishing, but I’m about halfway through ,I’d say.
- Rewrite / Revise Allegro Academy #2. Same as above.
- Finish the second book in the Ghost Slayer series and send it to my publisher.
- Finish edits for The Sign Of The Serpent, the second book in The Adventures of Marisol Holmes series.
- Finish writing my serial The Chronicles of Blood and get it published.
- Blog at least 2 times a week.
- Rewrite / Revise The Sleeping Kingdom. Another one that’s been on my to do list for years.
- Make a decision concerning The Angel of Death Series.
- Write Snoebels, Cat Detective books 1-3 get them published.
- Edit Murder in Mind, the first book in my YA sci-fi thriller series, that will get published next year.
- Publish The Gatekeeper and finish at least one more books in this series.
- Keep the website updated with new and upcoming books.
- Finish the third book in The Adventures of Marisol Holmes series.
- Write 2 more books in the Sally Sleuth Series and get them published.
- Write first book in the YA warlock series I’m planning.
- Write a story on my Sims 4 Stories blog at least once a week.
As you can see, a lot of goals. I just hope I achieve at least some of them. If you’re setting some writing goals for yourself, please share, as I’d love to read them.
Anyway, here’s to 2019. May it be the best year yet.