It seems like yesterday since 2016 knocked on the door, and now it’s already 2017. 2016 was, in all fairness, a sucky year. Worldwide, everyone seemed to think that and in my personal life, I especially considered it that way. So here’s to 2017. I hope it’s better than last year.
Last year, I set up a post with New Year’s resolutions, but… I failed almost all of them. Go figure. I did pretty good the first month, but things went downhill fast. Two items from my list that I did manage to complete: finish drafting Ghostslayer, and get Demonic Pact published. The latter was quite a story. About a month after the book was published, my publisher closed, out of nowhere. Luckily, I found a new home for the book, but it’s still a shock.
I finished two books last year. Just two, yeah. Murder in Mind and Ghostslayer. Both are out in the world now, trying to find suitable home.
Despite my goals being a huge fail last year, I did pretty well on them in January and February, so I’m going to make them again this year, and hopefully this time it’ll last until March or something. Progress is progress.
Here are my writing goals for 2017.
- Draft one book per month. Because I’m crazy and the only way that works for me to write books is to fast draft them.
- Write 2k a day. Not a hard rule, but just a guideline to stick by so I keep writing regularly and not write 10k on one day and then nothing ofr a month.
- Write one short story a week. I love short stories but somehow, I never get around to writing them.
- Rewrite / Revise Allegro Academy #1. It’s time this book saw the light of day.
- Rewrite / Revise Allegro Academy #2. I really love the Allegro Academy stories, and these books deserve to be read.
- Write Allegro Academy #3 and finish the series.
- Draft and edit Angel Assassin. While Demonic Pact practically wrote itself, the same can unfortunately not be said for the third book in the series.
- Finish writing my serial Blood So Pure (thirteen episodes for season one) and get it published from February / March onwards.
- Write 3 books in the Snoebels, Cat Detective Series. Also, get them published. I’m going to publish these under my own imprint / publishing house, my first real try into self-publishing.
- Publish 3 books in the Sally Sleuth series. Same as with the other series.
- Get an omnibus edition out for the Weirdville series.
- Finish drafting A House of Dark Temptations so I can get it out to the publisher.
Did you set any writing goals for 2017?