Monday Musings #34
One of my goals this year was to write a book a month (first draft, of course). Well, it’s January 25 and I’ve just finished my manuscript! With one week to spare.
Pop the champagne, everyone. 🙂
Also, here’s another look at last week’s goals, to see how I did overall:
Write a post on Monday (this one), Wednesday and Friday for on this blog.
- Edit last week’s short story and submit it.
Write 10k in my current WIP (currently: 20k out of 60-70k words). Write another 10k in my current WIP (get to 40k, else I won’t make it to the end of my WIP by the end of the month).YEP,BABY. I basically wrote 40k words in one week. Color me insane!
- Write 2k in WIP2. Currently: 4k out of 60k words.
Write a short story for #AShortStoryAWeek.
Yep an amazing 40k words in one week. I’m shocked. 🙂
And I’m already outlining the MS for February. Woohoo.
Anyhow, on to this week’s goals:
- Finish first draft of Ghostslayer (aka, My Perpetual WIP – it’s been sitting at 45k words for ages. I estimate I have 15-20k to go. But now I’m on a roll…why not try to finish this one too?)
- Write short story for #AShortStoryAWeek.
- Write 6k in WIP2: reach 10k words.
- Edit short stories for this month that haven’t been edited yet.
I’m so pleased with my progress. I hope you all have a great writing week.