New Year’s Resolutions 2016
As is typical with the New Year, I’ve come up with some resolutions and goals for 2016. I’m not always great at keepin up with my goals, but that doesn’t stop me from trying again every time, haha. Let’s hope I’m more succesful this year.
Here are my writing goals for 2016:
- Write a book a month. Wow! Ambitious to start with, right? Well, I’m a fast drafter, and my attention span is short. I have novels hanging in limbo while they’re 90% done simply because I’ve lost momentum. I don’t want that anymore in 2016. I have tons of ideas, it’s been a while since I drafted a book and I’m eager to get started, so I set myself the challenge of writing a book a month. Will it work? Pretty sure it won’t, but I’m going to give it a shot.
- Write 2k a day. Now, it’s not a hard and fast rule. If I’m ill, if it’s a holiday or something urgent comes up, I have a few spare days I can use on which I don’t have to write. But in general, I want to try and write 2k words a day.
- Write one short story a week. I love shorts, but I hardly find time for them. Last year, I started off strong by writing one short story a week, but I stopped sometime in March. However, this did get me a ton of new short stories to work with. So even if I can’t keep up to the end, it’s better than nothing.
- Rewrite / Revise Allegro Academy #1. Patchwork Press will publish the first book in the Allegro Academy series next year, but before it can even go to editing, it needs a solid round of rewriting / revising.
- Rewrite / Revise Allegro Academy #2. Same story.
- Draft and edit Angel Assassin. Get it ready for my publisher. Angel Assassin is the third book in the Angel of Death Series. I’m eager to get started on this one! This series is just so close to my heart.
- Finish drafting Ghostslayer. This book seems to be my perpetual work in progress. I’ve been at it for over two years. I say: time to wrap things up.
- Write at least two horror novellas. With novellas I mean 10k+ words. I don’t write novellas often enough, although I do enjoy the format.
- Get Demonic Pact published. It’s about time this book was released into the world.
Well, that’s it for me. What are your writing goals for 2016?