As 2013 draws to an end, it’s time to think about all the good, and all the bad, that happened in the last year. For me, 2013 was a year of changes and growth. Lots of good stuff, some bad stuff. I hope 2014 brings many more good things, and well, preferably less bad things.
- I passed all my exams at law school, and then decided to take an extra year at university. I’m not always the best student – I tend to get distracted by my numerous hobbies – so this is quite an accomplishment. Five years ago, when I started university, I had no idea if I was going to make it to the end. I did, and I loved every step of it: the hard work, the studying till the later hours of the night, the exam stress, the parties, the friends.
- My debut book, “Valentina and the Haunted Mansion” was released by Evolved Publishing in May 2013, on my Dad’s birthday. This date has always held special meaning to me, ever since he passed away, so it felt like it couldn’t be more perfect – as if it was meant to be.
- After that, several more books released. The sequel, “Valentina and the Whackadoodle Witch” came out in December 2013. My debut YA novel, “Fractured“, released in September 2013.
- I queried a chapter book series, “Weirdville” to my publisher, and they accepted. To date, three books in the series have released. “The Doll Maker” released in September 2013, and “House of Horrors” and “Fright Train” released in December 2013.
- During my final exams for university, my Grandma passed away. She was in her nineties, so it wasn’t entirely unexpected,but it was still a big shock. I still feel sad for not being able to say goodbye.
- In January 2013, I revamped Enchanted Book Promotions, and the new website opened its doors. Ever since, we’ve hosted over 140 book tours, release day parties, and more for books. I’d call that a success! Hopefully, in 2014, we will reach the same number, and maybe even more.
- At the start of 2013, I challenged myself to read 150 books. I went above and beyond that number, and during summer, even raised it to 200. I read more than 220 books total this year, and am very proud of doing so.
- My publisher agreed to publish several more books in the Weirdville series, when I asked them about it this fall. For 2014, there are three more books, and a hardcover omnibus edition, planned. Book titles will be “Drowning in Fear“, “The Clumsy Magician” and “Grave Error“. More about the books and release dates will follow in the next year.
- I also queried another picture book, “Winnie the Witch“, which was picked up by another publisher. More details to come next year as well, but I’m very excited about this release (as I am about all my releases).
- NaNoWriMo was a great success this year. Normally, I barely manage to get halfway, but this year I finished with an amazing word count of 72k words. Yay!
I hope that 2014 brings more good news. To 2014, may it be a great year for all of you!