Welcome to Weirdville: 5 signs your doll is possessed (or just creepy)
Welcome to Weirdville, the scariest town on earth. Something ancient and evil is lurking in the shadows of this quaint, little town, and every now and then it comes out to play…
Hello, there! My name is Derek, and I’ll be talking to you today. I’m a ten-year-old boy, my best friends are called Martin and Jamie, and I like playing soccer. You’d think I’d never have to deal with dolls, since dolls are for girls – but unfortunately I have a kid sister, Annie, and she’s obsessed with dolls. Annie is a little brat, and she always gets what she wants, even if that happens to be a doll that’s positively creepy, and probably possessed by an evil spirit, or something.
Because I don’t want anyone to go through the hell I went through, I present to you, five signs your doll may be possessed (or just creepy).
- The doll talks. Why Annie’s doll never talked to me, she kept insisting it talked to her. Even if you think your kid sister may be imagining this, it never hurts to eavesdrop, and pray you don’t hear two voices talking when she’s alone in her room with the dolls.
- The doll breathes. If you put your hand above the doll’s mouth and it breathes, then it’s time to get the heck out of there.
- The doll’s eyes seem to watch your every move. Now, this may be your imagination (if the doll is just creepy), but if it’s possessed by some evil spirit or something else, then it could be real. Watch the doll closely, and tracks its movements.
- The doll attacks you. Well, that’s a no brainer. If the doll attacks you, then it’s definitely alive, and probably possessed by something. Kill it, or at least hit it a few times. Don’t forget to scream, because your life may depend on it.
- You bought the doll in a creepy doll shop you never noticed until your kid sister pointed it out. Bonus points if you must’ve passed by the shop a thousand times before you noticed it, and if the owner looks like a living corpse.
Whether the doll is just creepy, or possessed, better safe than sorry. Get rid of it as soon as possible, and buy your kid sister a video game, a football, or anything else that’s not scary or dangerous.
Derek plays the main role in The Doll Maker, the first book in the Weirdville series (which can all be read as stand-alones). In this book, Derek and his friends have to find out what’s going on at the strange new doll shop in town, before it’s too late…
Find out more about the Weirdville series on my chapter books page.
You can get your own copy of The Doll Maker on the following websites:
Evolved Pub | Amazon (US) | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords | Sony | iTunes | Amazon (UK)