Fun With Vampires: 5 Ways to Recognize a Ghost
Mwuahahaha! Looks like my evil plan to take over this blog has succeeded….Well, hello there! How are you? My name is Valentina, and I’m a vampire, which is kind of awesome and kind of scary. My family and I have recently moved into this gigantic mansion in a boring town in the middle of nowhere. However, it seems like we’re not the only ones occupying the house. I can’t give away anything more at the moment, but if you want to know what I’m up to, then read the Fun With Vampires posts here. Because vampires are FUN. Sometimes. When we’re not hungry. Else we get cranky, and then you don’t want to be around, trust me.
Last week, I talked about five signs your house is haunted, and today I’m going to tell you about how to recognize a ghost. It’s important that you recognize the culprit is a ghost, and not some kind of other supernatural creature, like a witch or a werewolf or something.
There are five easy ways to recognize a ghost.
- The creature flies inches above the ground. Witches can fly too, but they usually need brooms for that, and they can’t stay still in the same spot for very long. Ghosts tend to fly a few inches above the ground, and they’re the only creatures, as far as I know, that do this.
- You can see right through it. This is probably the best way to find out if the creature you’re dealing with, is a ghost. Ghosts are see through, so if you look at them, you can actually see the reflection of the walls and furniture behind them.
- You can’t touch them. Ghosts can’t touch you, and you can’t touch them (except in rare circumstances, but more about that later). So if you try to shake the creature’s hand, and his hand goes right through yours, then it’s a ghost.
- They have a wicked sense of humor. Ghosts are renowned for their wicked sense of humor. They like scaring people, by jumping through walls, stealing people’s toothbrush, etcetera. Yeah, I’m kind of hung up about the toothbrush thing. Who the heck steals a toothbrush?
- They make no sound when they move. Kind of works together with the ‘flying inches above the ground’ thing. Ghosts are scary mainly because they make no sound – not when they move, not when they breathe (they don’t actually breathe, so there’s your answer).
If your creature fits these five criteria, then it’s most definitely a ghost. Call the ghost busters. Or run in fear. Whatever you prefer.
Next week, I’ll talk about ten things you can’t forget to bring while moving. Especially not if you’re a vampire. See you later, humans (and other creatures)!
[message_box title=”Valentina’s Spooky Adventures” color=”red”]”Valentina’s Spooky Adventures” is a series of picture books about Valentina, a girl vampire who learns her new house is occupied with all kinds of scary things…Click on the covers to find out more about the books.