Fun With Vampires: 5 Signs Your House is Haunted
Mwuahahaha! Looks like my evil plan to take over this blog has succeeded….Well, hello there! How are you? My name is Valentina, and I’m a vampire, which is kind of awesome and kind of scary. My family and I have recently moved into this gigantic mansion in a boring town in the middle of nowhere. However, it seems like we’re not the only ones occupying the house. I can’t give away anything more at the moment, but if you want to know what I’m up to, then read the Fun With Vampires posts here. Because vampires are FUN. Sometimes. When we’re not hungry. Else we get cranky, and then you don’t want to be around, trust me.
Today I’m going to talk about haunted houses. Scary, eh? There’s nothing scarier than ghosts. Not even vampires. HAHA. No, but ghosts are really scary because they can walk through walls. Imagine you’re brushing your teeth, and suddenly a ghost flies through the wall. Urgh.
But before you can start thinking about calling an exorcist, or finding out how to get rid of ghosts, you have to make sure your house is haunted. Just because you hear strange noises in the middle of the night, doesn’t mean it’s a ghost. Might as well be your crazy aunt living on your attic, or a witch tumbling down your chimney.
Here are five signs that your house is haunted:
- You hear footsteps behind you, but when you turn around, there’s no one there. This is an almost fool-proof method to find out your house is haunted, especially if it happens more than once. Bonus points if you find footprints in the dust.
- Someone sneezes, but there’s no one in the room with you. Another almost-certain sign there’s a ghost in your house.
- You feel someone watching you, but there’s no one there. This isn’t that fool-proof (it might be your imagination), but when combined with one of the above signs, it’s about time to call the ghost busters.
- An invisible person jumps on your bed. When you hear your bed squeaking, and the blankets move like someone is jumping on them, but you don’t actually see someone, that’s another sign your house is haunted.
- The ghost actually manifests itself. Well, then there’s an absolute certainty your house is haunted. How do you recognize a ghost? Well, I may have to talk about that in a later post!
So now you know the tell-tale signs your house is haunted. I sure hope for you it isn’t, but if it is…Well, good luck getting rid of the spirits. Or learning to live with them.
Next week, I’ll talk about five ways to recognize a ghost. See you later, humans (and other creatures)!
[message_box title=”Valentina’s Spooky Adventures” color=”red”]”Valentina’s Spooky Adventures” is a series of picture books about Valentina, a girl vampire who learns her new house is occupied with all kinds of scary things…Click on the covers to find out more about the books.