Today I’m hosting an author interview with June Spears, the author of My Hero is My Monster and The Blood Moon Chronicles.
1) What inspired you to write My Hero is My Monster?
I wanted to help those who are out there that are going through similar situations. If I can reach just one person then the pain of rehashing buried memories is well worth it.
2) My Hero is My Monster and The Blood Moon Chronicles are two completely different genres. Which genre do you prefer to write in, and why?
Fantasy, because I can get lost in my character’s world and escape the normality of day to day life.
3) My Hero is My Monster is a very gripping account of what happens to a young girl who finds out the person who was supposed to be her hero is in fact a monster. I imagine this wasn’t very easy to write down. Why did you end up not only writing it down, but also publishing it?
I wanted to put it out there so people could see and feel what I felt. What many young children feel. Hopefully in the long run, people will open their eyes to abuse and not turn the other cheek.
4) What do you find the most challenging about writing?
Writing comes easy; it’s finding time between a full-time job and a two year old, to actually write. It’s very challenging.
5) How do you find time in your daily life to write?
I wait to well after midnight when my daughter is a sleep. It’s the only me time I have.
6) Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
Expect the good and the bad, but don’t stop writing because one person doesn’t like what you write. For every one person that doesn’t like it, there are two that will.
Trust yourself and your writing.
7) If you were to go on a one-month holiday to an island, and you only can bring along three books, which books would you choose?
Little Women – My all-time Favorite
The Entire Twilight Series – Sorry more than three
Bible – Jesus is the only man in me and my daughter’s life
8) You tend to write mostly short stories. Is there a particular reason for that?
Not really, It’s just how things have turned out.
9) Are you currently working on something new? If so, could you tell us more about it?
I am working on two projects right now. Both are children’s books.
About My Hero is My Monster
A young girl’s childhood is stolen when her Hero becomes the monster in her bed every night.
Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, June E Spears had spent her early years writing mostly poems and school songs. However, she could not escape the allure of storytelling and quickly began studying to become a novelist. She began by reading every chance she had. Mostly Fantasy and Romance novels, June’s love of writing was uncontrollable. Once she began typing, she never stopped.
June is best known for her Fantasy Novelette Series “The Blood Moon Chronicles”. She is a single mother to her only daughter Isabella Rose.