Well, guess what? It’s August. July has really flown by, and that means it’s time to make a new set of goals for the next month. I didn’t meet the goals for July at all, and August will be about five times as busy, but here goes nothing.
Here are some totally writing-unrelated goals:
- Get my driver’s license.
- Study for tests I have to retake for university.
- Retake those tests.
These are pretty much obligatory for me. And all of them suck. Sure, I’ll be thrilled once I get my license, and pass those tests (fingers crossed!) but still. Bummer on the summer fun!
Here are my writing-related goals for August.
- Participate in CampNaNo with the super-secret project tentatively titled “Evermore”. All I can say right now is that it’s YA, and I love the concept. I’m aiming at around 60k for this project, but will be glad if I make it to 50k during CampNaNo.
- Finish writing Ghostslayer, a New Adult PNR. I’m currently at 50k, and I think the book will be finished at around 75-80K. Maybe sooner, but I doubt it. I’d like to get started on edits for this one in September.
- Finish writing Reflected (Mirrorland #2). Current status is 50k words, and I think the novel will be finished at around 57-60k words. Need to write epic finale and some scenes of one of the storylines in the middle.
- Edit chapter nine of The Sleeping Kingdom, cut half of it, so I can send it to my critique partner.
Once again, I’m more than a little ambitious. I’ll be glad if I get to finish one or two of these projects, but in an ideal world, I’d finish all of them. Ghostslayer is something I’ve been working on for a while and I want it done, at least the first draft. But Reflected is almost finished and I’ve finally gotten some inspiration, but then that new project is eating up my time and…oh God, why are there only 24 hours in a day?
On a sidenote, I also plan to host some author interviews during August, with a bunch of awesome authors. Stay tuned!
What are your goals for August?
1 thought on “August Goals”
Camp Nano! Yay!