I won Camp NaNo and July Goals
Hey everyone. Sorry I haven’t posted in about a week – between my last few exams, moving back from university to my home for the summer and writing like crazy to finish Camp NaNo in time, I didn’t have any time left to blog. But I did. For the first time in my life, I finished Camp NaNo. 50,659 words to be exact. I wanted to write my novel to the end this month, but I didn’t quite make it. I estimate I have about 7k left before I reach ‘the end’. But that’s what July is for!
Here’s my proud winner’s badge.
Now, July will probably be a busy month for me. Between trying to promote Fractured, spending some social time with my friends and getting my driver’s license, writing time will be limited. Hence why I decided to go overboard and set a lot of challenges for myself – even if I end up doing only half of them, it’s more writing than I would’ve done without setting any challenges at all. So here’s my July goals.
- Finish writing Reflected (Mirrorland #2). Current status: 50k/60k words.
- Edit Reflected (Mirrorland #2)
- Finish writing the first draft of Ghostslayer (New Adult UF/PNR). Current status: 35k/80k words.
- Edit the first half of Ghostslayer. So, edit roughly 40k words.
- Rewrite Soul Thief (YA PNR) and finish the second draft. Current status: 0k/75k (I did already write 65k in first draft).
- Edit the first 100 pages of The Sleeping Kingdom (100 pages is rough estimate, I’ll finish whatever chapter that is).
- Write an outline for a YA Ghost Story I’m currently brainstorming, tentatively titled Evermore.
- Write an outline for MG novel The Upside Down Pyramid.
- Write a chapter book. Current status: 0k/10k words. I already have an idea and pot for this one though.
- Write a picture book about Melly The Mermaid.
- Write MG novel The Upside Down Pyramid. Current status: 0k/40k words.
Of course I won’t be able to finish all of this. What I really want to finish in July is Reflected (Mirrorland #2) so I can send it to my publisher, and Ghostslayer, so I can start editing it and then send it off to betareaders in August. I also want to write the outline for the YA ghost story since I want to make this my Camp NaNo novel for in August.
I will probably participate in JulNoWriMo this year, but I’ll probably be a rebel and not work on one novel, but on several ones (for instance, finishing Reflected, which is roughly 10k still to go and finish Ghostslayer, which is more than 40k to go.).
What are your goals in July?